Robbins Learning Centre, Royal Alexandra HospitalLEARN MORE
WHAT IS THE CV UPDATE?
This one-day course will provide participants with practical and up to date information on the management of cardiac problems in the primary care setting. The conference will include a combination of workshops, presentations, and hands-on learning, as well as opportunities for the delegates and faculty to interact.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Urban and rural primary care physicians as well as internists, ER doctors, nurse and nurse practitioners, fellows, residents, medical students, and allied health professionals.
WHAT ARE THE 2019 COURSE OBJECTIVES?
1. Develop a framework for navigating the vast array of cardiac investigations and therapies using an evidence-based cost-effective approach.
2. Review state of the art therapies and optimal management for heart failure.
3. Survey various fad diets as they relate to cardiovascular health.
4. Understand the emerging intersection of diabetes and cardiovascular disease in light of novel therapeutics.
5. Explore and optimize the management of acute coronary syndromes in both acute and long term situations.
6. Reflect on ethical and legal issues surrounding medical errors and medically assisted death MAID in the current medico-legal landscape.